Learning Is Cool is an educational reward program that recognizes strong academic performance in four local school districts.
Now approaching its tenth year, the Learning Is Cool program continues to empower youth education in Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS), Covington Independent Public Schools (CIPS), North College Hill (NCH) and Middletown City Schools (MCS). An educational reward program, Learning Is Cool honors students for strong academic performance, specifically “A” Honor Roll (3.51+) achievements. We currently have over 30,000 students in the program, and we continue to see increases in the number of achievements each year!
Through acknowledgement and commendation, students who do succeed not only receive quarterly rewards but also a heightened sense of self-worth. They really appreciate the fact that someone other than family members is taking an interest in their grades! Students who are not yet attaining the Honor Roll are often inspired by their classmates to work harder.
Students who reach the “A” Honor Roll at least twice during the school year are invited to attend the Academic Achievement Celebration at the Cincinnati Zoo, where they get to meet Coach Lewis and Bengals players present them with a special medal of achievement! These students will receive an invitation to the zoo for the celebration happening at the end of the school year.
2017 by the Numbers:
- 30,000 students
- 4 School Districts
- 71 schools, increasing to 73 in the upcoming 2017-2018 school year
- 27,322 rewards distributed during the 2016-2017 school year
- 43 Sponsors and Partners
- 36 Bengals players at the Academic Achievement Celebration
- 7,701 Students qualified for the Academic Achievement Celebration (AAC) raising it 1.47% over 2016
- 23,000 tickets donated by the Cincinnati Zoo for students and their families to attend the AAC
- 173% increase in number of NCH Honor Roll achievements in just six years!
- The CPS number is up 124% since the first year of the program and 159% since the year prior to inception!